Personnel that will set up and maintain a smaller IP-network. It covers topics such as the OSI-model, Ethernet including VLAN tagging, IPaddressing, subnetting and routing. It also covers essential topics such as Port Security, VLAN Routing, and cable and connector types found in LAN, MAN and WAN environments.
Basic knowledge in ip-networking.
- IPv4 and IPv6 basics, subnetting and addressing (Unicast, Multicast, Broadcast, Anycast)
- VLAN via 802.1Q
- Fundamentals of routing protocols (RIP and OSPF)
- InterVLAN-routing and Router-on-a-Stick
- The OSI model and its parts
- TCP vs UDP
- Link Aggregation (LAGP) and First hop redundancy protocols (VRRP)
20 days. Theory combined with hands-on training.
On request special courses may be provided.