Personnel that will set up advanced switch technologies used in enterprise and service provider class networks such as Multi-layer switching, DHCP Snopping, IP Source Guard, Private VLANs, as well as SPAN/RSPAN ports and Spanning Tree. It provides a deep dive in the switch technologies and protocols.
The module requires knowledge from the ”Basic networking” module.
- Configuration and administration of the FHRP protocols HSRP/VRRP/GBLP
- Management of switches through the SNMP protocol
- Configuration and management of switches in large scale networks
- Configure and Troubleshoot VLAN Trunks and Access ports and Private VLANS
- Configure and troubleshoot IP Source Guard, DHCP Snooping and Port Security
- Configure and troubleshoot STP, RSTP and MSTP
- Qin Q
8 days. Theory combined with hands-on training.
On request special courses may be provided.