In the installation and maintenance of a fibre optic network, splicing of cables is a necessity. Splicing contains many critical moments which demand a high degree of skill from the technician.
Network owners, designers, installation and maintenance personnel.
Experience of fibre fusion splicing.
After completion of the course the participant should be able to perform the splicing of optical cable in a new installation and to repair a damaged cable i. e. if the cable has been cut during a digging operation. He/she should also know of different types of cables and different methods of installation.
You will learn about
- Choosing different types of cable, their field of application and methods of installation
- Different types of splice manholes and joint closures
- Choice of tools and handling of cables
- Critical moments in the splicing process, coiling in manholes, joint closures and splice trays
- Organization and splicing of fibre in joint closures and ODFs
- Testing and documentation of completed splice
- Mid span access
3 days. Theory combined with hands-on training.