Deployment and jointing of micro or multiducts is the first operation in the installation of blown fibre. It is important that the jointing and all other handling of the duct is done correctly to ensure high quality and long life for the finished installation.
The course is intended for people involved in the installation of micro and multiducts.
On completion of the course the participant should be able to perform jointing of micro- and multiducts and also to identify a microduct in a multiduct. He/she should also understand the concept of fibre blowing, the components involved and realize the importance of correct installation and jointing.
- Broadband network, an introduction
- Broadband network, fibres/types of connectors
- Installation of multi and microducts
- Ducts, jointing methods
- Ducts, handling
- Identification of a microduct in a multiduct
- Demonstration of a fibre blowing tool
- Multiduct, branched joints (cold method)
- Micro- and multiduct, straight joints (warm method)
1 day. Theory combined with hands-on training.