Personnel handling the monitoring and alarm systems in use to monitor active network equipment and devices, as well as personnel working with troubleshooting and gathering alarms and data to resolve the problems.
The module builds on knowledge acquired in ”Basic Networking” and ”Linux Fundamentals” modules.
- Installation and setup of the monitoring systems Nagios and Cacti
- System requirements and design options for network monitoring and management
- The SNMP protocol (V1, V2, and V3)
- How to set up and use Weather maps
- Notifications, alarms and triggers in SNMP and the Monitoring system
5 days. Theory combined with hands-on training.
On request special courses may be provided.