Personnel handling crucial services in an internet service provider’s network infrastructure.
For five days you will get a good knowledge base when it comes to the implementation and use of DHCP, DNS, SMTP and POP3/IMAP protocols. The knowledge is manufacturer independent but is offered in a Linux-based environment.
The module requires knowledge from “Basic Networking” and ”Linux Fundamentals” modules.
- The functions and purpose of the protocols DHCP/SMPT/IMAP/POP3 and DNS
- Configure and troubleshoot DHCP-servers on Linux platforms
- Configure and troubleshoot SMTP, IMAP and POP3 services
- Configure and maintain a DNS-zone in Bind9
- Implement so called Reverse-DNS
- Configure a DHCP server for DHCP Relay and Option 82
5 days. Theory combined with hands-on training.
On request special courses may be provided.