In the construction of fibre optic networks there will always be a need for splicing fibres. The modern high tech fusion splicers are both time and cost saving tools for the splicing of optical fibres. They produce splices with a low optical attenuation and high mechanical strength.
The course is designed for people who are going to work with the installation, maintenance and repair of fibre optic networks.
At the conclusion of the course the participants will be able to perform fusion splicing of different types of fibres and to maintain the fusion splicer to secure maximum performance, availability and quality.
You will learn about
- Different types of fibres
- Different types of fusion splicers on the market
- Handling and preparation of the fibre
- Splicing of single fibres and fibre ribbon
- Preventive maintenance
- The attenuation and loss estimation of the splice
- Various types of splicing methods and their differences
1 day. Theory combined with hands-on training.