Optical fibre technology is a new expanding industry. Its applications can be found in a variety of areas within electronics and communication.
The course is designed for people who already have knowledge of traditional telecommunication and who wish to learn the basics in optical telecommunication. It is also a source for prospective owners and installers of fibre optic networks.
At the end of the course, the participants will have knowledge of the basic principles and concepts within fibre optic communication.
You will learn about
- Fundamentals in optics.
- The principles and technology of fibre manufacturing.
- Optical fibre and its properties.
- Cable technology and types of cable.
- Splicing of optical fibre.
- Instruments of optical measurement and important parameters.
- Interpretation of measurement results
- Installation of optical cables
- Standards and methods